An R/C Legend Returns
With its aggressive-looking body design and low center of gravity, the Hotshot, Tamiya's first shaft-driven 4WD R/C buggy, made waves when it was introduced in 1985. The unique 3-piece chassis included such innovative features as front/rear mono-shock oil dampers, 4-wheel double wishbone suspension equipped with stabilizers, and front/rear fully-enclosed gearboxes equipped with thrust ball bearings and differential gears. A wide array of Option Parts were produced especially for modifying the Hotshot, and the machine became something that every youth at that time dreamed of. Fans have clamored for a re-release of the epoch-making R/C car, and Tamiya now brings back this legend to let fans relive their childhood memories.
An Old Dog with New Tricks
Tamiya designers have given the Hotshot a makeover, replacing older, harder to assemble parts with modern equivalents but still keeping true to the spirit of the original Hotshot. While the front/rear double wishbone suspensions and adjustable mono-shock oil dampers remain the same, the drivetrain features modern dog bone type propeller shafts for enhanced reliability. The oil dampers have also been changed to the more modern diaphragm type. Also, with the use of a modern ESC, the original Hotshot's rear aluminum heat sink was no longer necessary. However, the Hotshot would not look the same without it, so our solution was to install a dummy part to remain faithful to the original look. Take this updated Hotshot out for a spin and compare it to today's R/C buggies to experience how far this hobby has developed!
●Length: 390mm ●Width: 235mm ●Height: 150mm ●Weight: 1270g ●Tread: (Front/Rear) 194mm ●Tire Width/Diameter: (Front) 28/82mm, (Rear) 34/82mm ●Frame: ABS Resin Monocoque ●Drivetrain: Shaft-driven 4WD ●Diff. Gear: 3-bevel ●Steering: 2-piece Tie Rod ●Suspension: 4-wheel Double Wishbone ● Gear Ratio: 8.1：1, 10.04：1 ●Motor: Type RS540 ●Speed Controller: ESC
TAMIYA RC HOTSHOT KIT
This is a re-issued R/C assembly kit of the Hot Shot. It originally debuted in 1985 as Tamiya’s first 4WD off-road buggy.
An R/C Legend Returns
- Adjustable Gear Ratio Fixed
- Bearings Plastic bushing
- Body Material Polycarbonate
- Body Stickers Included
- Chassis Material Plastic
- Construction Type Assembly kit
- Differential Type Gear
- Drive Type 4WD
- Electronic Speed Control (esc) Sold Separately
- Led Light Buckets No
- Led Lights No
- Motor 540-brushed type
- Requires A 2-channel radio, steering servo, ESC, 7.2volt battery & battery charger, and Tamiya PS paint.
- Scale 1/10
- Shock Damper Oil-filled damper
- Special Feature 1 Redesigned chassis features 4-wheel double wishbone suspension with unique front and rear mono-shocks.
- Special Feature 2 Diaphragm-type oil dampers provide stable off-road driving performance.
- Special Feature 3 New propeller shaft features dog bone type linkage to optimize power transmission efficiency.
- Special Feature 4 Buggy body with large rear wing remains faithful to the original styling.
- Special Feature 5 Aluminum heat sink helps keep the motor cool and is also an eye-catching chassis highlight.
- Special Feature 6 Triangular wheel hubs further enhance the buggy's unique look.
- Suspension Independent suspension
- Terrain Use Off-Road