Tamiya RC AVANTE 2011
This is a re-release of a Tamiya Radio Control classic! In March 1988, Tamiya released an electric R/C 4WD racing buggy called the "Avante" and it has since become a special machine in Tamiya"s R/C history.
The machine featured a unique shaft-driven 4WD system which was taken from Tamiya"s first 4WD R/C buggy, the Hotshot. It also featured a highly sophisticated design including a FRP double-deck chassis layout, longitudinal motor & battery positions, and a formula-type body with chassis fairing. It was equipped with innovative components such as a compact gearbox with 3 small planetary gears, a center diff to increase stability, a fully adjustable suspension, and cam-lock wheel caps.
In 2011 the Avante made its return to the Tamiya library of R/C car offerings. It has a few updates, such as universal drive-shafts and machined aluminum uprights, to give the 2011 version increased durability and performance over the original. The Avante was such a distinctive R/C machine, many of its mechanisms have become standard features on modern R/C cars.
●Length: 420mm, Width: 240mm, Height: 140mm ●Wheelbase: 260mm ●Tread F/R: 200mm ●Tire Width/Diameter: 38/88mm ●Chassis: 2mm Thick Carbon Double Deck ●Longitudinally-Placed Motor Shaft-Driven Full-Time 4WD ●Diff Gear F/R: Planetary, Center: Ball Diff ●3-Piece Steering Tie-Rod ●4-Wheel Double Wishbone Suspension ●Front & Rear Oil Dampers ●Gear Ratio＝8.33:1 ●Type 540 Motor (25T) ●Requires an Electronic Speed Controller (sold separately)
Requires: 2-channel radio, servo, ESC, 7.2 volt battery & compatible battery charger, and Tamiya PS polycarbonate paint
- Adjustable Gear Ratio Yes
- Bearings shielded ball bearing
- Body Material Clear Polycarbonate
- Body Stickers Included
- Chassis Material Fiberglass plate
- Construction Type Assembly Kit
- Differential Type Gear
- Drive Type 4WD
- Led Light Buckets no
- Led Lights no
- Requires A 2-channel radio, steering servo, ESC, 7.2volt battery & battery charger, and Tamiya PS paint.
- Scale 1/10
- Shock Damper Oil-filled damper
- Special Feature 1 Length: 420mm
- Special Feature 10 Gear Ratio: 1:8.33
- Special Feature 2 Width: 240mm
- Special Feature 3 Height: 115mm
- Special Feature 4 Wheelbase: 260mm
- Special Feature 5 Tread (L/R): 200mm
- Special Feature 6 Minimum Ground Clearance: 40mm
- Special Feature 7 Weight: 1300g
- Special Feature 8 Double-Deck Frame
- Special Feature 9 Tires (F/R): 38/88mm
- Suspension Fully Independent Double Wishbone
- Terrain Use Off-Road