Kyosho Turbo Optima Gold Kit 4WD
Out of stock
Even more competitive, even more cool… Recreation of the original, but updated with the latest racing tech!
After the dynamic impact of the Optima was felt across the R/C racing scene, the Turbo Optima launched in 1986 as the strongest machine in the series. Until now. In addition to larger diameter tires, large capacity pressure shocks, front & rear stabilizers and Le Mans 240S motor, the immortal Turbo Optima was modernized for 8.4V power and makes its debut as the 7th model of the vintage series. Key components of the Turbo Optima chassis have been redesigned to meet the demands of modern racing conditions and power sources, and share DNA with the Optima and Javelin. The new Turbo Optima is not simply a reproduction of the original and includes gold anodized parts that were optional upgrades on the original, gold shocks with dial adjustment of chassis height and new modern block pattern tires. Higher specs and design features deliver modern performance standards and visual impact that captures the magic of the original.
- While a faithful reproduction the original Turbo Optima, each key performance component has been revised for compatibility with modern power sources.
- 4WD belt drive. Pulley for chain is also included in the kit so purchase of an optional chain can change the drive system.
- Equipped with FRP radio plate that is compatible with major brand ESC’s (speed controllers).
- Three toe angle settings ( 0°, 1°, 2°) can be used by inserting different bushings into the rear hub carrier.
- Aluminum hex wheel hubs are be securely fixed with set screw pins.
- Equipped with sintered metal counter gears.
- Full ball bearing specifications (18 bearings).
- Includes separate driver figure with helmet and polycarbonate body.
- Battery holders are compatible with various modern batteries and secured with hook and loop straps for easy removal of battery.
- Hex screws used for assembly provide secure construction.
The Turbo Optima’s wider body design (than the Optima) for compatibility with the 8.4V battery of 1986 has been accurately recreated. The packaging color scheme can be reproduced with the masking sheet & Decals included.
Simple design of the aluminum backbone-style chassis realizes high rigidity. 6061T6 aluminum alloy is used on the main chassis, shock towers and plates for superior strength and corrosion resistance. Countersunk screws reduce the number of nuts used and produce a flat finish.
The gearbox is equipped with a slipper clutch that protects the drive system from sudden load changes and is easily adjustable for compatibility with various surface conditions. Sintered alloy 48 pitch gears combined with high impact nylon gears can deal with the current power technologies.
Aluminum oil shocks modernized with threaded bodies for dial adjustment of ride height while recreating the style of the originals.
A total of 15 key gold anodized aluminum components that were "Option House" upgrades in the original such as main chassis, shock stays, side plates, and motor guard are included as standard.
Stabilizers are equipped on front and rear to deliver improved performance through reducing chassis roll in the corners.
While still following the style of the original, the new Turbo Optima features modern block pattern tires for evolved running performance. Stylish large diameter (50mm/2-inch) wheels have evolved into a one-piece design and are included as standard.
Rear toe settings can be adjusted to 0°, 1°, 2° by changing out the bushings supplied. 12mm wheel hexes are secured with innovative set screw pins for reliable running.
REQUIRED FOR OPERATION
- 2 channel R/C system (servo x 1, ESC x 1)
- 540 size motor (27T-20T recommended)
- Battery (7.2V NiMh battery or 7.4V Li-Po battery)
- Battery charger
- Paint and tools for body painting
- Batteries for transmitter
- Tools (1.5/2.0/3.0mm hex wrench screwdriver, needle nose pliers, curved scissors, cutter.
CHASSIS TECHNICAL DATA
- Length 395mm
- Width 244mm
- Height 120mm
- Wheelbase 260mm
- Front/Rear Tread 208mm
- Weight 1,600g (approx.)
- Tires (F/R) 82×36mm
- Motor 540 class size (sold separately)
- Gear ratio 9.24 : 1