E-flite Twin Otter BNF Basic w/AS3X SAFE & Floats
The DHC-6 Twin Otter was developed by de Havilland Canada in 1965.
For RC pilots who want a great first (or next) twin model, there’s no better choice than the E-flite® Twin Otter 1.2m. It delivers exciting “bush plane” scale looks and performance along with the inherent stability of a high-wing design. The convenient size of the Twin Otter means you can transport it fully assembled for flying at a wide variety of locations with paved, grass or packed dirt surfaces, such as large parks, sports fields and RC flying fields. Your adventures won’t stop there, though — remove the tricycle landing gear, install the provided floats, and now you’re ready to fly off of large ponds and small lakes. Having two landing gear options included in the box only hints at this model’s incredible value. Along with molded-in panel lines, corrugated control surfaces and a scale-inspired trim scheme, the E-flite Twin Otter comes with many functional features including operational flaps, LED navigation and landing lights, and props finished with black and white stripes that look awesome whether spinning or standing still. The Twin Otter 1.2m offers a truly unique flying experience that a wide range of pilots can enjoy.
- Scale replica of the STOL (Short Take Off and Landing) capable cargo and passenger carrying utility aircraft.
- Easy to take off, fly and land, making it a perfect choice for a first twin-powered model.
- Functional features including LED navigation and landing lights plus operational flaps.
- Scale details including molded-in panel lines, corrugated control surfaces and more.
- High-power brushless power systems with striped 3-blade counter-rotating props.
- A single 3S 2200–3200mAh battery delivers excellent power and long flight times.
- Spektrum™ AR636 6-channel receiver with industry-leading 2.4GHz DSMX® technology (BNF® Basic version only).
- Easy to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection (BNF Basic version only).
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology (BNF Basic version only).
- 5-Channel control with six (6) factory-installed servos and linkages.
- Tricycle landing gear with steerable nose wheel for easy ground handling.
- Includes matching optional-use floats with steerable rudder for flying from water.
- Conveniently sized so it can be flown at soccer fields, large parks and in other suitable areas.
- Easy to install/remove one-piece composite-reinforced wing with thumbscrew and snap-in struts.
- Magnetically-secured top hatch for quick and easy access to the battery compartment.
- Lightweight and extremely durable composite-reinforced EPO airframe.
- Extremely fast and easy final assembly.
Construction: EPO foam
Wing: One-piece semi-symmetrical airfoil, preinstalled ailerons and
Brushless Motors: Two 22101350
Receiver: Spektrum AR636 with AS3X (Artificial Stabilization-3aXis)
technology that senses and counters the effects of wind and
turbulence, SAFE Select features include Pitch and Bank angle
Limits, Automatic Self-Leveling and Easy Switch Assignment-No
Electronic Speed Control: 20A
Servos: Six 9g sub micro
Propellers: 7x5.6 3-blade, one clockwise, one counter-clockwise
Spinners: Blue plastic, 1 (25.4mm) diameter
Landing Gear: Tricycle type prebent wire, main wheel diameter 2.2
(55mm), nose wheel diameter: 2.0 (49mm), EPO floats also
Battery Charger: Compatible with selected battery
Length: 36.75 (933mm)
Wingspan: 48 (1219mm)
Wing Loading: 20 - 21.5 ozsq ft
Flying Weight: 37 - 39.5oz (1049 - 1118g)
Propeller Size: 3-blade 7 x 5.6 (178 x 142mm)
Center of Gravity (CG): 1.8 (45mm) + or - 0.20 (5mm) from leading
edge of wing measured at the fuselage
Approximate Assembly Time: 1-3 hours
Approximate Flight Time: 10 minutes
Control Throws Low High
Ailerons, UpDown: .31 (8mm) .47 (12mm)
Elevator, UpDown .31 (8mm) .47 (12mm)
Rudder, RightLeft: .39 (10mm) .58 (15mm)
Flaps, Half .39 (10mm) Full .78 (20mm)
|Vehicle Type||Scale, Waterplane|