Axial Scx10II 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited CRC Rtr
Axial is constantly moving forward in an effort to maximize performance and detail for scale enthusiasts. The SCX10 II 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited CRC edition is a perfect example of that union, matching unparalleled trail-ability with stunning good looks. Some of the specialized parts we've included are CRC front and rear bumpers, unique rock rails with additional body-mounting points, molded front and rear fenders and a CRC-inspired hood. Additional external scale features consist of molded side mirrors, door handles, windshield wipers, hood latches and a full set of lights (six in total) that mount into a realistic front radiator/light bucket combo.
The 2017 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited CRC edition builds on the wildly popular SCX10™ II chassis, a proven platform that includes unique features that have made this truck a top performer in its class. High-clearance AR44 high-pinion axles, a chassis mounted servo (CMS), re-designed AX10 transmission case and tough steel suspension links are just a few of the performance parts tucked away under the detailed Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited body.
AR44 HI-PINION AXLES
In 2008, the AX10™ axle was used in the launch of the SCX10™ chassis platform. While developing the next iteration of axles such as the AR60, the thought process began on what kind of axle would be best for the future of the SCX10™. Axial’s development of a new axle needed to feature three key design points. First, an axle housing to visually quench the thirst of scale enthusiasts. Second, a gear set with the technical attributes to overcome the torque twist often associated with smaller gear sets. Third, the axle itself needed to retain the durability associated with the SCX10™, despite being delivered in a smaller axle housing. After seven years of utilizing the original AX10™ axle and two years of development, Axial is proud to introduce our newly developed AR44 axle with the industry's first high pinion gear set. The next chapter of the Axial SCX10™ begins with scale realism backed with true technological development!
• High pinion gears for added ground clearance & better driveshaft angles
• The high pinion design allows increased gear surface contact for increased durability
• Larger load bearings used around the gear set to reduce flex and create a stronger drivetrain
• Single piece axle housing for added strength
• 1-piece all-metal locker front and rear
• Small pumpkin for increased clearance and a more realistic, scale look
• Bolt on link mounts
• Knuckle carriers and straight axle adapters have a better mounting system with 10-degree increment adjustments
• Optimized gear ratio – 3.75 compared to 2.92 previously. This reduces torque twist which is typically seen with other small pumpkin axle designs
AE-5L ESC WITH DRAG BRAKE, WATERPROOF
The Axial AE-5L ESC is 3S LiPo capable yet easily switched “in the field” between LiPo and NiMh battery types with a simple jumper – no more complex procedures.
• LED Light controller built-in with dual LED outputs for headlights/taillights.
• Male Star Plug lead - compatible with the most common polarized plug.
• Jumper 1 provides a simple plug and play choice between LiPo or NiMh.
• Jumper 2 switches Drag Brake settings.
• Waterproof design with Star Plug / laser etched heat sink.
NOTE: LED LEADS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH OUR OLD LED LIGHT STRINGS, or THIRD PARTY LED LIGHT STRINGS. Connecting your old LED light strings to these leads will cause damage to the AE-5L ESC and the light strings.
RECEIVER BOX, WATERPROOF
Three different silicone seals are included, one for the antenna, one for the servo wires (includes three slots for three channels), and one that acts as a gasket for the receiver box cover. No more stress when running in mud, water, or snow!
• Waterproof receiver box located on the side plates allows easy access and low center of gravity
Wire routing keeps your chassis layout looking clean. In addition to including wire clips/guides, there has been a channel created that runs the length of the chassis so you can run additional wires hidden inside the c-channel frame. The inner fender mounts have tabs that can be used for wire routing as well.
• Optional mounting points and wire routing for a chassis mounted servo winch and 2 speed shift servo
This chassis is designed at 12.3” wheelbase length, but is easily adjusted to either a 11.4” or 12.0” wheelbase (optional link kits sold separately). Axial designed the chassis so that all the wheelbase adjustability happens out back without sacrificing front-end suspension geometry. Simple removal and installation of the suspension links and changing the drive shaft length allows an easier way to adjust the wheelbase.
• Wheelbase adjustment is easily done in the rear end without affecting the steering geometry and maintaining zero bump steer.
• Adjustable wheelbase (11.4”/ 12.0” / 12.3”) with optional links sold separately
• 4 link rear
• 12.3” wheelbase
Requires: Battery, Charger, 4 AA batteries.